Wifi network problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi network problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi network problems
Wifi network problems
2021-01-12 16:24:34
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Model: Deco M4

Hardware Version: V2

Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Hello Everyone,

I'm experiencing problems with my network at the moment.

I've got Virgin Broadband 500mpbs package.

I'm using a Virgin Broadband box connected to a M4 as the main Deco through an ethernet cable. I have created a separate wifi network from the original virgin one. Then I have two more M4's connected to this. I have a 3 bed flat - one is in the main bedroom and one is in the 3rd bedroom which is now a home office (sign of the times!).

I purchased these before Christmas as the virgin extenders were useless and the M4 had good reviews. I confirmed that the problem was the wifi by buying a 50ft ethrnet cable and running it around the flat to my pc. Of course this worked seamlessly but looks terrible. The M4's solved the problem and I could have my work zoom calls again without problem. However this monday I started to get problems just like before and the it has caused me all sorts of problems with work.

My speed test in the living room is 350 download and 35 upload. But in my home office it barely makes 15...

Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi network problems
2021-05-11 11:33:36

@R666MOR 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the slow speed issue on one of the satellite Deco units?

If yes, could you please help me check the detailed information:

1. Can I have a picture of the floor map of the Deco units about their location as well as the distance between each?

--please also check out the Deco APP and mark out the signal source of each satellite Deco;

2. Were you able to test the Ethernet speed from the Home office Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 1

Related Articles