Lots of disconnections from Internet and unable to have an IPv6 address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 19:45:44
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

The last 2 days i'm facing issues with my internet connection. I contacted my ISP and told me the fault was from my device.

Basically, i was getting  lots of timed out connections, while browsing or playing anything online ,eventhough, from the adsl and internet indicators , it looked like it was working fine. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version and i did a factory reset hoping to solve my issue but it didn't help at all. 

Usually, i would get some random internet disconnections once per day or two,  but now it's every few minutes.

Finally, i can't achieve an IPv6 address anymore since this situation occured.

I can't remember the precise date of purchase but it must be around 1 and a half year when i bought.

P.S. All of this happenning while using a wired connection

Options
4 Reply
Re:Lots of disconnections from Internet and unable to have an IPv6 address
2021-01-27 08:40:12

@John_K. 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

1. What is the light status of the TD-W8961N when it is disconnecting, are the DSL light and internet light correctly on? BTW, who is your ISP?

2. With your computer connected to the modem at that time when it drops the connection, what is the IP address and default gateway it obtained?
Note: How to get them: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Meanwhile, please try to access the web page and take a snapshot of the status page when the internet drops. 
Note: How to login to the web interface: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/114/ ​​​​

3. How do you make it back to work after it disconnected? Does this issue happen recently? Are there any changes or modification in the network or on the system? Here is an instruction you can follow to troubleshoot as well:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2238/ 

Options
2021-01-27 22:07:25 - last edited 2021-01-27 22:10:37

@Kevin_Z 

When the problem occurs, dsl and internet lights are running properly for a few seconds (10-20s). After that, the internet light stops working for a few minutes till it automatically restarts or i do cos it might take more than 15 min to do on its own.

ISP provider is Wind (GR) Telecom (btw i replaced my modem with a v4 and the issue still remains). I replaced my filter with another one but it didn't have an impact at all.

Finally, it looks like when it happens, once or twice per day, my CRC gets increased dramatically increased by thousands, all IPs are becoming zeroes. Also, I'm going to provide you my router's system log and transmission status.

P.s. it turns out my ISP doesn't support IPv6 yet..

Options
2021-01-28 11:53:28

@John_K. 

Thank you very much for getting back with all the details.

Do you mean the internet LED will be off in minutes, while the DSL light seems stable, right? Is it possible to test the line with any other modem, just verify if this is a line issue or the device issue?

Options
2021-01-28 11:59:30

@Kevin_Z  Yeah but a few seconds instead of minutes. I tried a few days ago my old router which once per 15min would get a timed out connection for a 3-5s and then it runs smoothly again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 4