ARCHER D7 - Synology NAS - LG TV broadcast message problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-19 06:32:29 - last edited 2021-01-19 07:35:04
Model: Archer D7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have the following problem:

- A Synology NAS Media Server is connected to the Archer D7 router with a LAN cable

- An LG smart TV is also connected to the router with a LAN cable

The LG TV doesn't see the media server

If I modify the configuration the following way:

- Both the TV and the NAS are connected to a TP-Link TL-SG1005D switch

- The switch is connected to the router with a cable,

everything works fine.

Based on this, I think the router blocks the broadcast messages of the media server between its LAN ports, while the simple switch doesn't.

What shall I change in the router settings to allow broadcast messages passing between the LAN ports (make the configuration work without the additional switch)?

The Archer D7 is working in wireless router mode, skipping the modem part, so more or less identical with the Archer C7.

Options
2 Reply
Re:ARCHER D7 - Synology NAS - LG TV broadcast message problem
2021-01-27 07:36:54

@ethgkk 

Are the LG smart TV and Synology NAS connected to the D7 using a static IP or dynamic IP address? Try to enable the IGMP Snooping on the Network>>LAN.

Are you able to find the Synology NAS when trying to visit it from a computer in the D7 network, can you ping it?

Options
Re:ARCHER D7 - Synology NAS - LG TV broadcast message problem
2021-01-27 07:42:39
Both the LG and NAS use static IP address. I have tried the IGMP snooping, but no effect. The NAS can be pinged by other devices. One more interesting fact: if the TV uses WiFi instead of the LAN cable, it finds the NAS. This means that there is some strange issue between the D7 LAN ports, as the cable connection works if both are connected to a switch and the WiFi LAN scenario also works.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 2