How can I download and upgrade firmware on my TL-PA4010 KIT V3 (location: Europe, Czechia)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How can I download and upgrade firmware on my TL-PA4010 KIT V3 (location: Europe, Czechia)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-22 21:05:31
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00_401013_171025_901

Hello there, 

I'm from the Czech Republic, I usually visit the official TP-Link website: https://www.tp-link.com/cz/support/download/tl-pa4010-kit/v3/#FAQs. Recently, I wanted to check if any newer version of firmware for the TP-Link Powerline TL-PA4010 KIT V3 is available for download, however, I could not find any new firmware versions,.. actually, I wasn't able to find any firmware versions at all... Frankly, ladies and gentlemen, I DIDN'T FIND EVEN THE FIRMWARE SECTION in the download center of the website. So I don't want to be rude or something, but my question is:

Is the support for this product gone forever or something or is it just that websites for this location are so much less important than the US/UK ones and are outdatedsad 

I'd love to get a reasonable answer for this with a solution. The best would be to update the Czech websites and provide even our customer community with the firmware versions to download and upgrade to. Anyway, I am quite satisfied with the product overall and I had already recommended it to many of my friends that bought it on my recommendation later on. I just demand propper support for the product I and many others purchased, here, in Czechia.

Options
3 Reply
Re:How can I download and upgrade firmware on my TL-PA4010 KIT V3 (location: Europe, Czechia)
2021-01-23 12:06:20

@PURIFIER 

Hello and Welcome

The  TL-PA4010 is a passive plug, by that I mean it has no interface / IP address or GUI  -  it will just take signals from the LAN cable / Powerline and modulate them, what is there to update?  This will either work or it wont.   For that reason there is rarely any updates for these unless there is a serious firmware issue with the chip inside that needs addressed.  Having used plugs from other vendors, this is the same for their passive style plugs.

More advanced homeplugs that contain WiFi capabilities, require IP addresses or provide some GUI interface do receive updates (TL-WPA4220 for example).  This is usually to add additional features but rarely (if at all) is it ever to address an issue with the chipset / Powerline to LAN modulation itself.

Options
Re:How can I download and upgrade firmware on my TL-PA4010 KIT V3 (location: Europe, Czechia)
2021-01-24 14:53:48 - last edited 2021-01-24 14:55:07

@Philbert

Alright, Philbert,

I get that, however, due to the functionality of the powerlines, I needed to update the firmware of 2 older TL-PA4010 KIT V3 powerlines (we own 4 in total – 2 of them bought a while ago) so that they were okay and working how they should - at that time we experienced frequent drops in this wired internet connection they should have been securing. The firmware update I managed to make on those significantly improved the stability of the whole network and we no longer experienced anything like what we had before.

Recently, however, the stability got worse again and we experience multiple drops even though everything seems to be fine with the router and the service is alright too.

Therefore, could you please double-check if there is any newer version of firmware than the one I included in the issue description?

Thank You.

Options
2021-01-25 08:32:37

@PURIFIER 

Hi, Thanks for your time and patience.

I am afraid that there is no newer firmware available for the TL-PA4010 (EU) v3.

For the instability issue, please try to disable the power saving mode to have a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2018/

and when the connection dropped out ,will you see the powerline light turn off and become red?

By the way, how long have you had the two older TL-PA4010s?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1755

Replies: 3

Related Articles