Ip/Connection problem with RE450 V3 - (doesn't matter the firmware ver., the problem always happens)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ip/Connection problem with RE450 V3 - (doesn't matter the firmware ver., the problem always happens)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-28 22:24:04
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

hello! (I'm an italian user too) and i'm using the 1.0.2 version. (But the problem is present even if I use the previous version).

The Extender becomes unstable and unusable randomly. Sometimes it works fine for hours, other times it freezes after a few minutes of connection and the only way to fix it is rebooting. I payed it almost 60 euros and it's totally unacceptable. I tried to disable the DHCP, since i'm using it as range extender and the DHCP is provided by the main modem but it freezes anyway.

What happens:

In a totally random way, my devices lost the connection.

They try to get an ip address again but it doesn't happen and the device is stuck on "connecting..."

How to reproduce the issue?

It's random.

How can I fix it?

Right now, the only way is rebooint the extender

If you guys have a solution, please tell us!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Ip/Connection problem with RE450 V3 - (doesn't matter the firmware ver., the problem always happens)
2021-01-29 11:27:59

@Ciccilleju 

Hi,

May I know the model number of your home router?

Did 2.4ghz and 5ghz have the same issue?

--if yes, Have you tried to enable the high speed mode, such as 5gzh to the main router, 2.4ghz to the client;

--and please also try to change the wireless channel on the 5ghz of the main router, such as channel 40 and 48; channel 11 for 2.4ghz;

And if possible, please also check the Ethernet connection from the RE450 to  see if the Ethernet connection has the same issue as well?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Ip/Connection problem with RE450 V3 - (doesn't matter the firmware ver., the problem always happens)
2021-01-29 11:56:33

@TP-Link good morning,

Did 2.4ghz and 5ghz have the same issue?

--if yes, Have you tried to enable the high speed mode, such as 5gzh to the main router, 2.4ghz to the client;

Yes, and happens the same. With the 2.4 ghz is more stable but is a little bit slower. (anyway, the problem still happens)

--and please also try to change the wireless channel on the 5ghz of the main router, such as channel 40 and 48; channel 11 for 2.4ghz;

I've tried 36. 40, 44, 48 and always happens. The 2.4 ghz is currently set to 11 and the 5ghz to 48. I will let you know in a couple o f hours.

And if possible, please also check the Ethernet connection from the RE450 to  see if the Ethernet connection has the same issue as well?

Ok now i'm connected with the ethernet (and 5ghz connection provided to ethrnet port). and the connection works and suddenly stops for 10-15 seconds, in random way.

Options
2021-01-29 14:54:03

@TP-Link 

I can confirm, it worked for 2 hours and now is stuck again, it doesn't get the ip address and can't load the pages 

Options
2021-03-01 14:06:15

@TP-Link I've tried to set the High Speed mode (both manual and automatic) but it gets stuck after a while. The same issue i had before.

Now i'm resetting the extender, again, and try to connect to my router by WPS button.

Options
2021-03-02 09:59:41 - last edited 2021-03-02 10:00:10

@TP-Link nothing.

I've done everything.

I even tried a new modem but the problem still happens.

What can I do, considering that i've payed almost 60 euro for this repeater and it DOESNT work?

Options
2021-03-03 04:12:29

@Ciccilleju We would like to follow up on your case via email as the issue is a bit special. Please check your inbox, thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 6

Related Articles