Archer T4U most of the times does not connect to 5 GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 06:18:11
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I got Archer T4U v3 to connect to wifi since my motherboard does not have wifi card. The router is pretty close too and I can see good signal strength on both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

When I tr to connect it to 5 GHz - sometimes it connects but most of the time it doesn't. I think there is a pattern here too - Whenever I start my PC after shut down, it doesn't connect to 5 GHz. I use 2.4 Ghz for like 30min (which connects all the time) and then when I try to connect to 5 GHz, 60% of the times it works. 

Please help me out. I don't have the option to use LAN cable and really depend on 5 GHz connection for work. 

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T4U most of the times does not connect to 5 GHz
2021-02-02 02:06:13

@bodi1 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Can you please kindly verify what is the system version of the Windows computer, is it Windows 10? What is the driver version for this T4U adapter, please check it as this:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

When the computer is restarted every time, and you tried to connect to the 5G network, was there any error message? Does it connect to the 2.4G network automatically after startup? I found a similar feedback on Microsoft site, please kindly have a reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/windows-10-wifi-doesnt-auto-connect-to-wifi/05e1e28b-8028-44b3-a98b-51b2e64ab2fb

It is also suggested to modify the 5G wireless settings on the router, such as changing the wireless channel and channel width, you may run a Wi-Fi analyzer to verify which are the clearest channels, choose that one; change the channel width to 40MHz, then reboot both the router and computer to give a shot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 1