Internet connection keeps dropping out on powerline adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 17:11:50 - last edited 2021-02-02 07:32:28
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200811 Rel.68784n (6985/8575)

This is a nightmare.

Got the adapter all set up and a connection to the extender but the signal keeps dropping out after 20 seconds, then reconnects then drops again. I've tried different sockets all over the house but but same issue continues. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Internet connection keeps dropping out on powerline adapter
2021-02-10 07:35:55

@Bish77 

Hi,

Please try to change the wireless channel on the TL-WPA4220 to have a look, like channel 11 for 2.4ghz;

By the way, did the Ethernet connection drop as well?

Have you tried to turn off the power save mode on the TL-PA4010 to have a look;

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2018/

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-02 15:00:38

@Bish77 We`ve just got the same problem with the AV600, keeps dropping out after 30 seconds, it will reconnect a few times and then completely drop out, think i`ll bear with it for a day or so then its going back to screwfix for a refund. It promised a lot but does`nt deliver!!

Options
2021-12-09 00:12:28

I just had this issue with the same hardware that I sold to one of my customers last month. It kept changing its IP every 30s...

It seems that it's now stable, since I put a fixed IP address, channel 11, 20Mhz, but for a piece of hardware that it said to provide easy connectivity for end users, we shouldn't have to do this.

I will see if it stays stable for a few days, I tried to check for a recent firmware but even in this area, things are not so simple. The firmware is different from country to country, and the warranty is void if it is not the right one. Thing is, sometimes the resellers get their hardware from different territories and it becomes a tedious task to be able to trace that information for every hardware you sell !

Options
2021-12-29 12:09:31 - last edited 2021-12-29 12:12:23

Hello @Overtech_NC 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, if Wireless Powerline gives out IP or change IP, please check if that is situation mentioned in this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/265692

If you need any further help, as this thread is a bit old, I recommend starting a new thread here with case details, so we could look into the concern, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7839

Replies: 4

Related Articles