Please help me to find the right router to buy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-03 06:36:43

Hi,

I am shopping around for a new router with the following features:

1. Support local id login in, I don't want to use cloud id.

2. Support wireless schedule -- WIFI can be on/off via schedule, best with half hour interval or small

3. Parent control with half hour interval or smaller.

4. Can adjust WIFI signal strength.

Could you please tell me which tp-link router can satisfy my needs?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please help me to find the right router to buy
2021-02-04 08:01:15

@hulx2000 

Thanks for asking, please check my answers:

1. Support local id login in, I don't want to use cloud id.

Kevin_Z: As far as I know, we only support the cloud account management, we don't have the local ID management. However, all the Wi-Fi router can be managed locally without the cloud account, you can just leave it unlinked, and that's it.

2. Support wireless schedule -- WIFI can be on/off via schedule, best with half hour interval or small

Kevin_Z: Most Wi-Fi routers support this, such as Archer A7/C6/C80, Archer AX10, etc. You can check this on the official website. Here I take the Archer AX10 as an example, you can check the User Guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-12-customize-your-network-settings#ug-sub-title-7

Note: while it doesn't support half hour interval or smaller.

3. Parent control with half hour interval or smaller.

Kevin_Z: Most routers support the Parental Control feature, you can also refer to the User Guide for more detailed settings.

4. Can adjust WIFI signal strength.

Kevin_Z: does this mean you can modify the wireless channel? If yes, all the routers support this, you can choose the specific channel to find a better coverage.

Hopefully, that answers your questions but let us know if you need more details.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 1