Satellite additions (M9) seem to disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-08 10:07:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 2020921 REL. 42500

Hello,

I purchased an M9 Plus 3 pack. Installed perfectly. Worked great. I decided to buy a 2 Pack to add additional networking in my home. Things seemed fine for a while but suddenly I started to get warning that the 2 satellite additions were not connected to the DECO network, even though they showed a green LED. I rebooted both and once again for a while things seemed normal until I got a warning that the additons were disconnected from the DECO network. I finally reset both, and added them back to my main network. Once again, both additions disconnected and I get an indicator in the iOS app that the two additions were not found. The original 3 devices work perfectly as advertised. I am confused as to why the additional M9 satellites will not stay connected. Anyone with some ideas? Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Satellite additions (M9) seem to disconnect
2021-02-09 06:27:19

@toho 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Did the LED lights on the 2 additional Deco units stay on green even though the APP said they were offline?

--if yes, could you please connect a computer via cable to the additional Deco units when they are offline to check whether there is internet service?

By the way, have you tried to swap the locations of the new satellite units with the previous units to see if the issue follows with the location or the specific units?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Satellite additions (M9) seem to disconnect
2021-02-09 08:21:49

@TP-Link Hello and thank you for your reply. I decided to return them and to look for an alternative solution. Sorry to say that I will never purchase another TP-Link product again.

Options