New VR2100 keeps loosing DSL connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-08 10:18:53
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n

So I've recently installed a VR2100 router for a family friend after having such a good experience with a VR2800 in my own home, however it seems their install has been plagued with issues, after reading into this model on this forum i'm starting to think i should have checked here before buying but i don't think i'm having issues with the device restarting, my issue is that after 7 or 8 hours the router will loose it's DSL connection and can take a while to re-establish a link, the first 2 days it would loose connection over night and not reconnect and have to be reset and setup again, that was fixed by updating to the latest firmware but it's still dropping out, I've noticed compared to our 2800, which is at 0 with 29 hours connected, the down link errors seem ridiculously high for less than 8 hours of being connected.

Could this be related to the router disconnecting and how badly are these errors going to affect usability. i'm fairly new to setting up and configuring networks and routers so i'm at a loss of what the issue i might be facing is.

Options
1 Reply
Re:New VR2100 keeps loosing DSL connection
2021-02-20 06:46:35

@DashieDaWolf 

May I know who is your ISP? Please verify if the DSL LED and the Internet LED on the VR2100 is correctly on or flashing when the internet disconnects.

If the DSL LED is stable while the Internet will go out when it disconnects, please login to the web interface page of the VR2100 to confirm if there is still an Internet IP address on it, show us the DSL status page then.

BTW, please send us the system log on the VR2100 as well, including that before and after the dropouts, don't reboot the modem, which will clear the log.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 903

Replies: 1