Unreliable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unreliable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unreliable connection
Unreliable connection
2021-02-18 12:50:22
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have recently bought the tp link power line adaptor kit and this was working when I originally set up, but the connection keeps dropping and seems very unstable. I am using it in an office in my garden, the electric connection for the building comes through my garage and although there is a different fusebox the adaptor worked ok initially.

The power, power line and WiFi led are all solid green and both my phone and laptop are able to connect to the tp link, but it says no internet. I unplugged and plugged both the adaptor and extender and it connected briefly and the both phone and laptop connected, but only briefly. The WiFi in the house seems to be fine as is the extender. I am a bit puzzled as to what the likely cause is. 

Is the distance or the other diagnoses likely to be causing any problems. Can anyone advise re likely problem and work around as I need reliable WiFi in the office to be able to work. I did manage a internet video call this morning so it seems possible for it to work.

Grateful for any help...

Dave

Options