Cant connect to the internet through my sky router using my TP link to improve the wifi in my home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant connect to the internet through my sky router using my TP link to improve the wifi in my home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-22 23:56:55

Hi,

From the start, I am not too techie but I have tried several settings and watched many U tube videos trying to set up my TP Link router with my sky hub. but with no success. I'm trying to boost the wifi signal around my home by linking my TP linlk router to the sky router. I can get the TP link router to connect to devices with the wifi but the sky router somehow is preventing the internet signal to be sent to the TP Router. I have changed LAN'S,  VPI., channels -changed from ADSL to VDSL but nothing seems to happen. I have read that Sky somehow prevents you from using third-party equipment I didn't think this was possible but I'm not sure now. 

If any of you guys have come across this issue and have a solution I would be grateful for any nuggets of information.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Cant connect to the internet through my sky router using my TP link to improve the wifi in my home
2021-02-23 00:51:59 - last edited 2021-02-23 00:57:37

@Pablo-G Give the Tp-link a fixed ip address  just outside of the sky dhcp range, (turn DHCP off on TP link) put the tp link in bridge mode. Give the wifi (SSID) another name on the TP Link test see if you can then connect to that new ssid  

Options
Re:Cant connect to the internet through my sky router using my TP link to improve the wifi in my home
2021-02-23 19:42:28

@PaulPP Thanks for the info you gave but I have another issue now as I can't change the settings on my TP link as It keeps coming back connection timed out I have tried the default 192.168.1.1 but I can't get in. Any idea what I'm doing wrong. 

Options
2021-02-23 20:33:57
Hi PaulPP. After try a few ip changes I reset the router and inputed the settings. And.... Success I'm in. The only problem I can't get On Demand on the sky box but hay I got the WiFi working and there is two small men who are happy bunnies. Thanks PaulPP.
Options
2021-02-23 23:51:57
Spoke too soon ran for about 15 mins and then stopped working. Very frustrated as paid a lot of money for the router and now I can't use it and I have crap WiFi. Back to the drawing board.
Options
2021-02-24 12:23:56

Mine is going back to Amazon today, will just get some mesh repeaters for wifi instead

Options
2021-02-24 12:27:51

How can i obtain original firmware to send it back as it arrived?

Options
2021-03-18 12:12:11

I also having same issue

Options
2021-03-19 05:53:49

@Mai76 

Hi, may I know the model number of your TP-Link router?

And who is your internet service provider?

Could you please more details about your current issue so that we can locate the problem as soon as possible,

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-19 19:30:35

@Mai76  Try using PPPoe user: xxx@skydsl PWD anything you want and put in VLAN10 it will connect first time/ You may have to ask Sky to throttle back your Mbps if it runs at capacity it could stall the signal but only do this if you find the line dropping. Hope it works

Mai76 wrote

I also having same issue

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1363

Replies: 9

Related Articles