RE650 does connect to 5GHz but not to 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 22:17:18
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Two questions :

1. I do have a "BT Smart Hub" as main router with Dual Next generation AC wi-fi :

2.5GHz wi-fi band

3x3 11b/g/n/ac

5GHz wi-fi band

4x4 11a/n/ac

I did follow the instructions to set up the tp-link AC2600 RE650.

I managed to connect to the 5GHz (solid blue line), but it does not manage to connect to the 2.4GHz (I tried several options).

I can connect some devices to the extender, and this is working fine, so it "does the job" (the main pupose was to connect my SMART TV to the extender for streaming)

But why is there an issue, is this an issue, and does it affect the overall performance in the house?

2. Just for my information, what's the basic principles of the extender :

- all the devices in the house "pick up" automatically the best connection depending on where they are in the house between the rooter and the extender?

- can the wifi extension affect the perfomance for the devices connected to the main router

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE650 does connect to 5GHz but not to 2.4GHz
2021-02-26 03:48:48

@LB_London 

Hi,

During the setup, would you be able to detect the 2.4ghz of the BT hub?

Have you tried to change the wireless channel on the 2.4ghz to be channel 11?

And please also check the wireless password for the 2.4ghz in case there is any typo.

2. Just for my information, what's the basic principles of the extender :

- all the devices in the house "pick up" automatically the best connection depending on where they are in the house between the rooter and the extender?

Yes.

- can the Wi-Fi extension affect the performance of the devices connected to the main router

No.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-27 16:44:18

@TP-Link thanks.

"check the wireless password for the 2.4ghz" not sure how to do that...

Options
2021-03-01 12:19:22

@LB_London 

To verify you Wi-Fi password, you could forget/ delete  Wi-Fi on your cell phone and reconnect to it by re-entering your WiFi password:

If you are able to reconnect to WiFi by manually putting in wifi password, your wifi password is correct. 

We found an instruction online and hope this could help: 

https://its.tntech.edu/display/MON/How+to+Forget+a+WiFi+Network

Options