Google home cannot connect to wifi (

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-06 14:00:01

Hi Everyone.

My google home comes from another country and of course I get an issue when connecting to the deco mesh network wifi. "This google home as been made to be used in another country. It might not be compatible with your wi-fi network"

I have tried all the usual things, changing time zone, disabling 5ghz, disabling quick roaming and beamforming. 
I didnt have this issue with my previous router, so I guess there must be a setting hidden somewhere. 
Any thoughts?

/d

Options
3 Reply
Re:Google home cannot connect to wifi (
2021-03-08 07:26:08

@dril 

Hi,

Would there be any error message when the Google home failed to connect to the Deco?

Have you tried to enable the guest network for 2.4ghz only and choose the WPA-PSK for the wireless security and test whether google could get connected or not?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-08 09:12:59

@dril Yes it has been tried "Its not possible to communicate with google home" comes up after I ignore the first popup regarding wrong wifi country. It doesnt care if I run in 2.4/5 or any security combination (including "none"), reguar or guest network. When I had my asus ac68, this was no issue at all. Can I change the network channel somehow? 

Thanks in advance

D

Options
2021-03-08 09:46:55

@TP-Link 

Made a complete reset of the google home, which fixed it. I should have thought about that, but I deleted all locations and thought that it would be enough. 
Anyway, thanks for the assistance.

regards

D

Options