QoS database update file and how to setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-07 17:51:37
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n

Hello,

I am looking to set this up on my VR2100. I noticed that there is a database update facility under the QoS section. The help dialogue box is uniquely...... unhelpful and just directs the user to the main TP-Link landing page.

Can anyone please point me to where this update file is located please?

Additionally, if anyone can point me to an in-depth resource on how to set this up, I'd be grateful. I'm looking to lockdown QoS to specific ports for WhatsApp, Signal and MSTeams; i want to only trigger when using voice conference. I'm having difficulty trying to find out what ports these services use, so, if anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Mike

Options
2 Reply
Re:QoS database update file and how to setup
2021-03-12 06:41:17 - last edited 2021-03-12 06:41:41

@MikeFdes 

Hi, May I know what is your current QoS database version?

As for how to set up the QoS, have you seen the following line:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1742/ 

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:QoS database update file and how to setup
2021-04-05 08:19:11

@TP-Link 

Apologies for my tardy response!  The database version shown on the web console is "1.5.0".

Thank you very much for the link to the article.  That deals with device traffic prioritisation; I am looking to prioritise by application, because I find that the system doesn't handle shunting between the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands efficiently (I have both bands set to the same SSID which should allow the router to decide which bands to place a device on).  I experience a lot of voice distortion when using WhatsApp or Signal to call someone. I had thought the issue was with the other party (who is using a VR600), but, I was at the other party's house recently and heard a similar call come through without issue; hence my thought process outlined above. I want to set application prioritisation up as a result, and see what benefits that gives me.

Mike

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3621

Replies: 2

Related Articles