Internet unusable while uploading and QoS broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 16:05:59
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v006d.0 Build 191011 Beta

I am experiencing a problem where each time I upload a large file, all the other connections break for the duration of the upload.

I tried enabling the QoS feature and it solves the issue above. However it randomly makes web pages not load even when there's no traffic.

I cannot find updates to the QoS db (1.5.0) or a way to configure it without the unwanted behavior.

I don't care about priorities in traffic I just want the uploads not to clog everything. Any suggestion/experiences?

I bought this product to get the best possible network, but QoS seems to be just buggy. This is creating serious issues with my work from home these days.

I am able to assist in any debugging, but I need to get the QoS working or to change modem. Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet unusable while uploading and QoS broken
2021-03-17 07:17:54

@neg3ntropy 

Hi, 

Have you tried to enable the guest network and tick 'enable QoS for guest network', then connect the client to the guest network to upload the large files?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-17 16:44:29

@TP-Link I am uploading from the cable most of the time actually.  Furthermore to enable qos for the guest network I also have to enable it globally and that is causing intermittent drops of connections.

Is there any update to the QoS db available?

Options
2021-03-19 06:16:00

@neg3ntropy 

Thanks for your update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Did both wireless and Ethernet connection drop out when the Qos is enabled?

2. How about the dropping frequency of the Archer VR2800v, like 3-4 times a day?

3. Would there be an error message when the connection dropped and how did you restore the connection?

4.If possible, could you please log into the modem and save the log for me when the connection got lost;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 3

Related Articles