internet speed is falling 30 to 40 times ..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-20 14:54:11
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I need guidance and help. 

My internet service provider provides me internet with speed ranging  between 100MBPS 130MBPS. 

My wifi router is not reaching farthermost areas of my home (I am not having any connectivity at all). I have previously tried wifi range extenders from cisco. They frequently disconnect. So, I choose to try with power line extender. 

I just bought TP-Link AV600 300Mbps Powerline Wi-Fi Extender Starter Kit. On the box it says TL-WPA4221 KIT. 

After installing this power line extender, I am getting internet speed between few KBPS to 3MBPS. The speed is same whether I connect to the power line extender using RJ45 connector or using wifi. 

Can anyone please suggest if it is possible (by any means like making few changes or using a different power line extender or having a dedicated power cable ..etc) to increase the speed to at least 30MBPS in this situation. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:internet speed is falling 30 to 40 times ..
2021-03-24 03:47:14 - last edited 2021-03-24 03:48:12

@RHSSV Hi, 

Please put powerline units into the same room, into Wall sockets, and check speed again. Does powerline unit work fine when they are in the same room?

Please make sure firmware on your powerline unit is up to date:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1091/

To see if this issue is caused by poor power line environment,  please download tpPLC Utlity  and share a photo of the powerline rate between 2 powerline units : https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220/

Btw, did Cisco powerline adapter work stable in that room before? As if both powerline products got some problem the issue may be caused powerline quality in the house. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 201

Replies: 1

Related Articles