Tapo C320WS multiple users at the same time

2024-04-01 19:50:01 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

It is very strange that the viewing of recorded content for multiple users is limited, for example, my shared user and I as an administrator cannot simultaneously access the viewing of recordings and occasionally live monitoring, even the cheapest cameras from unknown manufacturers do not have this limitation, I would like to ask the team that works  on making a firmware to address this part and allow live viewing as well as recorded content for multiple users, the restriction makes no sense, this also happens on the Tapo c310 V1 1.3.9 
Also, the app deserves to be improved to include options to change wifi network as well as dhcp, it can really be worked on to add a lot of useful options.  Since people don't want restrictions on someone buying these cameras, they simply shouldn't have restrictions.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C320WS multiple users at the same time-Solution
2024-04-02 10:31:42 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Sico023 

Hi,
1. Currently, each Tapo camera supports up to 4 simultaneous video streams (2 main streams+2 sub streams) for optimal stream experience. You could use up to 4 devices to view the live feed of the camera simultaneously using the Tapo app or via RTSP. Because it's required to read video recordings from the SD card by the camera and control the playback progress of the video recordings by the camera, and the viewing requirements of different users may vary, therefore, only one device is allowed to view the video recordings from the camera's SD card simultaneously.

2. You can vote on this thread to request the feature to change the Wi-Fi network on the Tapo app and vote on this thread to request the feature to be able to configure the static IP address for the camera on the Tapo app. I'll keep logging the feature requests and forward them to the related team to evaluate.

If you have more feature requests, it's recommended to post your request here.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS multiple users at the same time-Solution
2024-04-02 10:31:42 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Sico023 

Hi,
1. Currently, each Tapo camera supports up to 4 simultaneous video streams (2 main streams+2 sub streams) for optimal stream experience. You could use up to 4 devices to view the live feed of the camera simultaneously using the Tapo app or via RTSP. Because it's required to read video recordings from the SD card by the camera and control the playback progress of the video recordings by the camera, and the viewing requirements of different users may vary, therefore, only one device is allowed to view the video recordings from the camera's SD card simultaneously.

2. You can vote on this thread to request the feature to change the Wi-Fi network on the Tapo app and vote on this thread to request the feature to be able to configure the static IP address for the camera on the Tapo app. I'll keep logging the feature requests and forward them to the related team to evaluate.

If you have more feature requests, it's recommended to post your request here.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 127

Replies: 1

Related Articles