Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

Votes

2023-07-18 06:04:32
Tags: #WIFI SSID Reset

Everytime when i want to change the WiFi SSID, I need to reset the camera. This is both in TAPO and VIGI Wifi Camera. Can you update the App such way that we can change the SSID without reset the camera

Options
5 Reply
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2023-07-18 07:01:01

@Home_Cameras 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2023-10-18 11:49:03
I would like this too. The camera seems to store different Wi-Fi credentials, but there is no option to switch. This would be very useful for cameras that are not fixed.
Options
2023-10-18 11:53:43

@Home_Cameras This has been requested before by other users. I would like this. I have two cameras that are not fixed and I place them at different locations depending on what I want to monitor. I have three access points around my property, each with a different SSID becasue if I give them all the same SSID then my wireless devices often don't connect to the most optimal AP (i.e. not the nearest AP), so the Wi-Fi signal is not strong enough. Using different SSIDs I can connect to specific APs reliably.

Options
2024-02-07 02:50:27

@Solla-topee 

I agree this feature is desperately needed. I love my Tapo cameras for the quality and signal strength they are capable of, but this seems like a very basic feature. I have $10 wifi cameras that are able to scan wifi networks and accept new wifi credentials to change networks through their app without having to reset the camera.  It would be less of an issue if resetting the C3xx and C5xx series cameras didn't require the removal of tiny screws that are easy to lose to reset them, but even then, this is a pretty basic feature of home wifi cameras; even really cheap ones, and it's really weird that Tapo doesn't support it.

Options
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2024-02-07 02:53:21
Just copy cam380 or hicam, or SV3C and add a feature that lets you scan for wifi networks near the camera and select a new wifi network to input credentials to connect to that network. After credentials are entered, camera reboots to apply changes. If connecting to the new network fails, camera reboots and connects to the old network, or returns to AP mode so you can connect directly to the camera to scan again. None of this unscrew your SD card cover and hold a button for 30 seconds to reset the entire camera settings BS.
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 389

Replies: 5

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset