My internet connection drops every two hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 08:42:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

Good morning,

My router has been working for almost 11 months but since last month I have issues with the router(I haven't changed any config meanwhile neither update the firmware, which says its the latest available).

Every two hours the router drops internet connection, the lan and wlan keeps working but the led of internet connection goes to orange, and the only way to solve it is to reset it.

I have my router as dhcp server (dynamic ip provided by the ISP) and previously it was working with the default mac, I tried to search for answers about this problem and I saw that changing the mac to a different one could fix it. I tried to do that using a MAC from a different unused device and it fixed it but only for a couple of days.
In the log doesn't appear nothing when the internet is lost.

Any help would be helpful, otherwise I would send the router to technical support.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:My internet connection drops every two hours
2021-03-22 11:25:19

@psarabia 

Since the internet connection was stable for almost a year, and it suddenly disconnects from the WAN, we will suggest you contacting the ISP to check if there is something wrong with the line or the modem. You can also connect a PC directly to the ISP modem, then check if you can get a stable connection.

If the ISP modem is stable, then try to do a MAC clone on the C6, by cloning the wired PC's MAC to the C6, then check if the connection between the C6 and the modem is stable:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3023/

BTW, who is your ISP? Is the C6 WAN connection type PPPoE or Dynamic IP? Please also verify if there is still a WAN IP address on the C6 when the internet LED becomes orange. If there is still a WAN IP address, please try to change the internet DNS server to something public, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then save and reboot the C6 and modem.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options