No internet access in background while calling over VOIP on phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-26 12:29:29
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180614 Rel.40494n

​​​Issue: When calling on any VOIP Service (Whatsapp, FB Messenger, Snapchat, Telegram etc), the phone does not have any access to Internet in the background while connected to WiFi

Explanation:  

I am currently in an area in Pakistan where I have Internet in the form of WiFi only. I do not get any Cellular Reception, so this issue of mine is only when connected to the WiFi connection provided by our Company (we are also given a static IP Address)

Like the title says, the call quality is absolutely normal, no delay no stuttering etc. But when I remain on call and browse the web, I get NO CONNECTION.

Google search shows as "you're offline"

I can't even open the 192.168.1.1 portal aswell

All while my call is running perfectly, no lags no nothing

Phone: Oneplus 8T, Android 11

Internet: Local Internet, provided through Wireless WiFi Router

I have basic knowledge regarding the router. From what I can tell

All are assigned a Static IP Address to the Wireless Routers.

No other changes at all

However, the other places where the same internet is given, it has no such problems at all. Never faced anything remotely like this

I believe there is a problem with the settings of the router, if anyone can help me with this I shall be immensely grateful. We can also discuss this issue on Email and then update the community regarding the solution

I have tried asking help from the ISP, Reddit, Quora, with little-to-no response

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet access in background while calling over VOIP on phone
2021-03-29 11:58:39

@WasifSal 

Have you ever tested this by connecting the Oneplus 8T to another network, will it act the same? Please also test this on other devices, such as phones or laptops.

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
Re:No internet access in background while calling over VOIP on phone
2022-02-20 07:49:52

@Kevin_Z 

I am facing exactly same issue on my Tplink archer c20 AC750 router. Please provide the solution which worked for this person.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 2

Related Articles