Why was my transaction declined when subscribing to a Kasa Care plan

2021-03-30 09:22:01 - last edited 2022-08-19 05:35:37
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Card transactions may be declined by the bank for a number of reasons.
We encourage you to contact the bank issuing your credit card in order to investigate and resolve the issue.

Here are some possible declined reasons:

1. The issuing bank has a temporary hold on the card
This message is a default bank-generated error regarding your credit card. It can relate to a number of issues including Internet and/or overseas purchasing restrictions on your card, incorrect card info or insufficient funds, etc. 

2. Insufficient funds or credit limit exceeded

3. Incorrect card Info or incorrect billing info

Please double check your card information and billing info to ensure it’s correct.

4. Unstable Internet connection or processing error
Please try again later.

5. Overseas purchasing restrictions on your card. 
It is suggested to check with the bank if the card is authorized to be used in Hong Kong or cross-border transaction (Our account is in Hong Kong)

6. An expired or deactivated credit card
Trying to use an expired card or a deactivated account will nearly always result in having your transaction declined.

7. A two-step validation is required
Please check with the bank if a second verification must be required when payment is made. Please try turn off the 3D secure feature for the card to give it a try.

Still acting up? Let us know by responding to this topic, please try to describe the symptoms in as much detail as possible.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Why was my transaction declined when subscribing to a Kasa Care plan
2021-09-23 14:32:49

@Solla-topee - I have checked with my bank and none of the reasons listed apply. I keep getting a "something went wrong" message when trying to set up a payment method.

Options
2021-09-24 01:30:25

Hey@JefCon4 , may I know do you use Visa, Maestro, Master card, or Visa,  Amex card for the payment?

Please also check my private message, thank you.

Options
2022-05-26 18:50:19

@Solla-topee 

not reason for my debit card to be declined, was the same card I've always used for Kasa care. Then tried credit card. Also declined. There is no problem with either card. 

Options
2022-05-27 02:47:02 - last edited 2022-05-27 03:26:19

Hello @Bellyfeet 

If anyone experiences the same that card has been worked fine,   here are some tips try

Reach credit card company or bank and confirm the card is not on hold and work fine.

Confirm the network works fine when you pay for Kasa Care. Ensure internet works fine on the phone, and you could switch from Wi-Fi or mobile data. 

Try Kasa care web page for the payment.  https://www.tp-link.com/kasacare/

For any urgent help, it is recommended to reach our local support here so they could help look in your case directly. You could share a photo of the error message, what credit card has been used, TP-Link ID account when reach our support. 

From your tp-link ID registered the community, it could be related to the card, I will share some information with you by private message.

Options
2022-11-09 20:03:29

@Solla-topee Nothing wrong with credit card, will not accept discover card?  Bank indicates there is no problem at their end

Solla-topee wrote

We encourage you to contact the bank issuing your credit card in order to investigate and resolve the issue.

This message is a default bank-generated error regarding your credit card. It can relate to a number of issues including Internet and/or overseas purchasing restrictions on your card, incorrect card info or insufficient funds, etc. 

Please double check your card information and billing info to ensure it’s correct.

Please try again later.

It is suggested to check with the bank if the card is authorized to be used in Hong Kong or cross-border transaction (Our account is in Hong Kong)

Trying to use an expired card or a deactivated account will nearly always result in having your transaction declined.

Please check with the bank if a second verification must be required when payment is made. Please try turn off the 3D secure feature for the card to give it a try.

Still acting up? Let us know by responding to this topic, please try to describe the symptoms in as much detail as possible.

Options
2022-11-25 20:59:32

@Solla-topee the fees go to an account in China and the government has mandated that transactions be denied unless issuer specifically requests the transaction not be blocked. That information comes directly from my bank. With that information I decided not to subscribe to a service that the Chinese may have access to and went with installed SD cards for storage.

Options
2023-03-13 10:28:00

Solla-topee wrote

This message is a default bank-generated error regarding your credit card. It can relate to a number of issues including Internet and/or overseas purchasing restrictions on your card, incorrect card info or insufficient funds, etc 

Please try again later.

It is suggested to check with the bank if the card is authorized to be used in Hong Kong or cross-border transaction
 (Our account is in Hong Kong)

@Solla-topee 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues using your card for Kasa care. If both your debit and credit card are being declined, it's possible that there could be an issue with the payment processing system on Kasa's end or with your bank's authorization process.

Options
2024-02-12 18:01:48
Options
2024-02-12 18:07:33

@omferland for some reason the email showing payment declined had an old credit card number. There has been a Kasa payment made with the correct credit card number on 1/1/24. I had also seen on my Kasa account that my next payment is due March 1,2024. It looks like my account may have been hacked

Options
2024-02-22 02:24:42 - last edited 2024-02-22 02:27:35

@Jmet003 

Hi,
On the Kasa app>Me>Kasa Care page, you can see the Kasa Care service you are using for the TP-Link ID you used to log in to the Kasa app.

If your problem is that you have subscribed to Kasa Care Plus or Premium plan but your camera is not enjoying the service, please help confirm the following information.
1) Send me the MAC address of your camera via a private message.
2) Go to the Kasa app>Me>Kasa Care page and send me a picture of it.
3) Please check if you are subscribed to the Kasa Care Plus or Premium plan for another TP-Link ID rather than the one you used to log in to the Kasa app.

If you have other problems, please describe them in detail.

Best Regards

Options