vlan id 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

vlan id 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
vlan id 2
vlan id 2
2021-04-05 04:33:06
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi i am in australia and use TPG's FTTB, put in well before NBN available,. I am trying to replace my OEM modem/router with a new Archer VR2100 and i am told i need to set the vlan ID to 2 is this supported by the VR2100.

Howard

Options
1 Reply
Re:vlan id 2
2021-04-05 09:33:41

@howie13 

Hello Howie13,

I live in the UK, but, if you head over to this page (AU based) https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/archer-vr2100/ , click on the "Emulators" button and then click on "Browse" below it. This will open up a visual representation of what the router's web console page will look like, in a new tab. The web console page always opens up on the "Basic" tab. Click on "Internet" from the left-hand menu. The top two options refer to Vlan Tag. This is required to let your router know how to connect to your service provider's infrastructure.

I'm presuming you can switch providers once you're out of contract. Assuming you can, they all use the same physical pipe into your property; the way they differentiate themselves from one another is via this tag, followed by the username and password you set when you joined them.

I think the above is what you're looking for. I hope it helps you!

Mike

Options