Can I create a mesh network with two RE603X range extenders?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-09 13:06:53
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My ISP gave me a cable model/wifi router that sucks. It's wifi performance is much worse than my old decade old DSL/wifi router. So I thout of using an access point. But my router is in the basement and the antennas of cieling-mount access point head down. Can I use one RE603X (NOT RE650! RE603X was not in the drop down) in access point mode in the basement and another in range extender mode on the main floor to create a mesh network (single SID)? I don't need a router, I only need an access point.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I create a mesh network with two RE603X range extenders?
2021-04-15 12:05:02

@zhoozhoo Hello, 

To use tp-link oneMesh, you will need a tp-link oneMesh-compatible router first , if you only have 2 extenders, they could not build a mesh. 

Besides RE only support oneMesh when it works in Range extender mode, not AP Mode. 

I think you could take Deco mesh system into consideration: https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/deco/

Topology: old router---Main Deco  ---<Ethernet>----RE Deco #1 

Main Deco ))<wireless > ((RE Deco #2 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 1