Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers

2021-06-03 02:41:31 - last edited 2021-08-09 11:54:22
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I wish two routers can be configured to be in OneMesh. I use the Router at office space and also at home. Lot easier when I can reuse my office router along with home router, and swap them if required.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers-Solution
2021-08-09 11:54:14 - last edited 2021-08-09 11:54:22

@radiomic 

Hi, please check the answers here:

Onemesh between two routers

Just out of curiosity, is there any advertisement or review that hints two Onemesh routers can build up an Onemesh network together? We may need to review and update that if there is any, as we found there are some others also have this kind of inquiries, thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers
2021-07-28 19:00:41

@ShivaShankar Same wish here! I have a C80 and a new AX73. Really misunderstood the oneMesh thing and thought the (older) C80 could be a mesh station, linked to the AX73.

Options
Re:Create a OneMesh™ network between two routers-Solution
2021-08-09 11:54:14 - last edited 2021-08-09 11:54:22

@radiomic 

Hi, please check the answers here:

Onemesh between two routers

Just out of curiosity, is there any advertisement or review that hints two Onemesh routers can build up an Onemesh network together? We may need to review and update that if there is any, as we found there are some others also have this kind of inquiries, thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-11 19:56:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, the specific mentioning of two router with OneMesh being compatible with each other I have not seen. But the advertisements tell "Combine one or more OneMesh devices to create.... etc.". This insinuates that ANY two devices can combine to create a mesh network. However, this is not the case as it turns out. The advertisement would be less false if it told you can add an RE device to a router, and if they both support OneMesh it will be able to create a seamless experience (including roaming and what not...).

cheers 

Options
2021-08-12 06:15:52

@radiomic 

Thank you very much for your clarification. We can confirm here that the Onemesh routers can only build up the Onemesh network with the Onemesh extenders or powerline extenders, two routers cannot join the same Onemesh network.sad

BTW, I also reviewed the advertisements on the TP-Link website about Onemesh, I cannot find the information like "Combine one or more OneMesh devices to create.... etc." Can you please kindly point it out? We will check.

Options