Bridge mode Modem Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bridge mode Modem Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bridge mode Modem Router
Bridge mode Modem Router
2021-04-11 19:26:13
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v6041.0 Build 200320 Rel.6025n

Hello!

So going straight to the issue, i currently have a Modem Router Archer VR1210v and a Router Wireless Asus RT-AC86U, I'm trying to make the TP-link Archer VR1210v work as a only modem (no dhcp,nat,firewall etc) and use it in bridge mode and use the Router Wireless Asus RT-AC86U in a modem + router combo.

So here's my problem it's been a full day that i've being trying to set the tp-link modem router to work as a modem, my understanding is that i had to go in NETWORK > DSL Internet, add a connection type Bridge Mode and then set the WAN connection in the router asus.

Problem is that the TP-link modem router doesn't seem to have a connection when i go in bridge mode in the STATUS page the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default getaway,primary DNS, secondary DNS are all with the value 0.0.0.0, and also when i try to connect the router is keep saying that it is disconnected.

I have tried to add multiple connection in the DSL internet section, first Bridge then PPOE and i also tried first PPOE and then Bridge, but every time i try to add a 2nd connection it doesn't do anything and goes back to the basic page, is this some kind of bug or is a normal behavior? i would think that you can add multiple connection since there's a delete all button. I also tried all the different type of connection and possibility but no luck.

Now does anyone knows how to se this modem router archer VR1210v as a standalone modem? Am i doing something wrong or it can't do that or maybe is it just broken? I do have the latest firmware. Could anyone help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridge mode Modem Router
2021-04-12 09:29:39

@BungoReyu 

Hi, have you tried to go to advanced>network>internet and choose bridge for the internet connection type?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Bridge mode Modem Router
2021-04-12 10:10:42

@TP-Link Yes, I did delete the ppoe_8_35_0 connection and create a Bridge type connection (as shown in the first screenshot), i can only create one at a time but the result is the 2nd screenshot where i get all 0.0.0.0 in the Internet section of the STATUS page, i don't know if that is expected or not.

After that i try to connect from the TP-link modem WAN port with the router WAN port (WAN => WAN, or maybe i have to use a lan port?) and i try to configure it and it just says that it's disconnected from the internet

Options