Archer VR900 and Iphone WiFi Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-14 21:07:58
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

When my iPhone 6s or 5s or SE 2020 connects to WiFi and starts sending anything to the network (e.g. photos to iCloud), the network of devices connected to the router is completely interrupted (whether via cable or WiFi).
Importantly, the modem does not lose communication with the DSL. The LED on the router is on.
I have the latest firmware (no updates when checking).
My aDSL internet provider gave me a cheap LiveBox 2.0 router with which I have no problem. VR900 is an expensive modem and there are such problems with it.
Any ideas?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 and Iphone WiFi Problem
2021-04-15 07:59:43

@Bodek 

Hi,

Did you mean when IOS devices joined the modem’s wireless network, the internet service on the modem would cut off;

Did it only happen on the IOS devices?

Except for the DSL light, did the internet light lit up as well?

Would rebooting the modem restore the connection?

And may I know who is your internet service provider?

Can I have a picture of the DSL info on the advanced>status page on the modem?

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-15 08:51:00 - last edited 2021-04-15 09:15:20

@TP-Link 

hi,

the problem is only with iOS and this is when iOS sends data to the cloud. Then the DSL led shines on the modem as it should. Devices are not discharged. WiFi only, no transfer - no connection to the network, I cannot open websites on other devices.
All you need to do is disconnect this IPhone from WiFi and immediately the internet appears on all other devices.

My ISP is Orange ADSL from Poland.

The modem does not lose synchronization with the line. I confirmed it with the supplier. The modem does not lose connection with the DSL. The problem is only when iOS is turned on to WiFi and starts sending something. Very often this happens when I connect the iPhone to the charger and then it starts sending or mass communication in order to, for example, check if there are new updates. It comes to my mind because it is the rule.

Options
2021-04-15 12:35:23

example from now:
I'm sending mms from an iPhone that is connected to WiFi. Internet is not available while uploading. The transfer is suspended. After sending the MMS, the network returns immediately on all devices (even those connected via LAN).
You simply cannot use this modem-router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 3

Related Articles