VR2800 bricked - no ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-20 12:17:16 - last edited 2021-04-21 01:05:28
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: was 0.7

Wondering if anyone can help here please.

VR2800 was setup and working.  Using ethernet for all important connections.  Even my ALG server worked (get me). Wifi was not 100% reliable but didn't matter.

Upgraded to (I think) v 0.7 firmware - that appeared to go okay, left all working.  Then I noticed some wifi issues (AP disappearing) and difficulty in using the web gui on a android phone (previously used the computer on the interface okay).

The router was working (in that it served all devices internet) but I discovered that nothing could use the web gui and in fact port 80 had disappeared.

A day later (nothing changed) a power down didn't help so I've hard reset the VR2800 expecting a rebuild of all my parameters but the router does nothing.
I'm left with a box that starts, flashes the power led for ~5secs, the flashes all the leds for ~2secs and sit in that cycle.

Thinking I need to unbrick it (looked it all up on the web) I set about doing that with Tftp64 only to find all the ethernet ports are inactive.  I don't seem to be able to talk to it.

Is there a way forward ? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR2800 bricked - no ethernet
2021-04-22 08:17:03

@Sanity_Check 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Can I have a video clip about the LED status on the VR2800?

And may I know how long have you had the modem?

As for the inactive Ethernet port, did you mean that the Ethernet connection failed to get any IP address from the modem?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-22 10:00:27

@TP-Link 
Over a year :(
Not sure how to file a video, but the description is pretty accurate.
I mean the ethernet ports are inactive - plug them into a switch and there's no link/s (any of them) and (obvs) tftp64 can't see the router.  Without this I can't get the router to fetch any file.

Do you think there is any hope ?

Options
2021-04-26 08:06:32

@Sanity_Check 

Hi, I am afraid not and Since you are located in the UK, The modem could be covered for 3 years warranty;

You could have a check with the local support team to get more details about the warranty service;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 3