No 1 Gbps speed with powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-22 08:28:02 - last edited 2021-05-28 10:15:33
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-WPA7510KIT(EU)_V2_190125

Hello,

I have a connection speed problem with TL-WPA7510-KIT adapter.
I tested the new adapters next to each other (separated Wall Outlet without Power Trip) - both connected to a notebook.
The connection barely hit the 200 Mbps using iperf.
I tried to use both adapters in one power trip so I can reach the maximum connection speed between the two adapters. This result was 230 Mbps (maximum).
After that I downloaded the software tpPLC to check what it says about the speed between adapters, it said that the connection speed is 866Mpbs,
while my notebookes said only 230Mpbs.
I am using Cat6 cabel. I checked the notebooks drivers as well, but connected notebooks together can reach 1Gbps speed, so no problem with these.

So my results are, the adapters can speak with each other with almost 1000Mbps but only each other. My notebook did not get this connetion speed.

Is there anything else I can do to reach higher (1000Mbps) speed  and not only between the adapters?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No 1 Gbps speed with powerline adapters-Solution
2021-04-29 01:52:13 - last edited 2021-05-28 10:15:33

@szabadi Good day, 

Thank you for your detailed post and test ~

Actually Powerline rate is  different from the real throughput / transmission speed. Throughput is 30%-35% of the powerline rate in an ideal powerline environment with very few inferences. In the actual powerline environment, the conversion  is normally 20%-30% .(the actual conversion rate depends on the electric wiring system).

From your test, throughput is 200mbps of 866mbps powerline rate , the actual throughput is in the normal range.

Here is a FAQ to explain the details: 

Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2928/

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:No 1 Gbps speed with powerline adapters-Solution
2021-04-29 01:52:13 - last edited 2021-05-28 10:15:33

@szabadi Good day, 

Thank you for your detailed post and test ~

Actually Powerline rate is  different from the real throughput / transmission speed. Throughput is 30%-35% of the powerline rate in an ideal powerline environment with very few inferences. In the actual powerline environment, the conversion  is normally 20%-30% .(the actual conversion rate depends on the electric wiring system).

From your test, throughput is 200mbps of 866mbps powerline rate , the actual throughput is in the normal range.

Here is a FAQ to explain the details: 

Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2928/

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 793

Replies: 1