Using a new WPA4220 kit drops connection every few seconds, old TP link worked fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Using a new WPA4220 kit drops connection every few seconds, old TP link worked fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-24 14:48:01
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey, I hope someone can help me before I return this kit.

We have been using a PA411 to connect our virgin router in the living room to the office at the back of the house via LAN and using the power lines.

This has worked perfectly for a while, so Im doubtful my issue has to do with the powerline circuit or interference from other devices etc.

Literally, I can still plug the old PA411 in and it works, swap to the new kit and it doesn't.

I wanted the WPA4220 kit so we could have two LAN connections and the wi-fi extend would have been useful as well.

But every time I try this new kit, it connects, runs really well for 60sec or so, then drops connection. It soon reconnects, but the cycle just continues on and on.

I feel there must be a simple fix, but I can seem to find anyone with the same issue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using a new WPA4220 kit drops connection every few seconds, old TP link worked fine
2021-04-29 02:04:42

@Daffers Good day, 

To isolate the problem, please unplug your old PA411 powerline KIT, and put new powerline adapters at the same locations of PA411s. 

Do you have the same problem on the new powerline KIT?

When new powerline adapter drops the connection, how does the Led change on the extender and adapter? 

Does house Led go off  or  power flash when the issue happen? 

If possible, please let us know the hardware version & Sn number on the back of your WPA4220, thank you. 

Options
Re:Using a new WPA4220 kit drops connection every few seconds, old TP link worked fine
2021-04-29 06:09:57

@Daffers Hey

Thanks for your reply. I set the new kit up using the same electrical points, it was a like for like swap. I also have spent over an hour talking to your tech support who repeatedly said the points couldn't be over 10 meters apart, despite the fact that the old kit worked (and is still working) just fine.

I have now returned the new kit and bought a google nest - no issues now. The older TP link still continues to provide a rock solid connection to my office, as it did before, so why this new kit would connect, work perfectly but drop connection every 60sec or so is confusing. 

Options
2021-04-30 06:32:08

@Daffers Good day, 

If your old powerline KIT worked, WPA4220KIT should also work at the same location, so its does not seem to be issue on distance. 

Thank you for your feedback and your time for helping with troubleshooting.  We will also keep on eye and see if there is any similar feedback. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 3