Yamaha Musiccast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Yamaha Musiccast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Yamaha Musiccast
Yamaha Musiccast
2021-04-26 12:54:00 - last edited 2021-04-27 02:37:33
Model: Archer VR1600v  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Now stumped: have been trying to connect my Yamaha Musiccast to my Archer 1600v router. It connected and worked for a few days; but then would not detect any of the devices (I have three rooms with separate speakers). I disabled the 5G band and also turned off the 5G radio. Still no dice on the Musiccast connection. I then tried to see what was happening at the router but found that I now can't connect to any band except the TP-Link_Guest and I can't open the router at 192.168.1.1  I have tried to reset the router using the reset button; and by unplugging the power cord; waiting 30 seconds. Nor can I find a User Manual for any hints at all. Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Yamaha Musiccast
2021-04-29 01:59:10

@Steve_R 

Hi, After resetting the modem, are you able to connect the main network and access the web UI?

By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider and did you get this modem from them?

Since this model is customized for the local service provider, the default login IP address might be changed;

Have you checked on the back label for the default IP and domain name?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Yamaha Musiccast
2021-04-29 07:59:45

@TP-Link OK; factory reset worked, but the same problem persists: the Musiccast just won't connect to the internet in the setup process. The modem was supplied by my ISP, TPG. It functions fine with all other devices; internet connection is fine (NBN service is also good). I can login and look at and edit settings all fine (but I'm not doing that again). But when I get to the point of setting up MusicCast on the WiFi connection, it gives the message Connected without Internet. And then, when returning to the MusicCast setup protocol, it is not finding the device. It seems to be a common problem with Yamaha MusicCast. When the Yamaha hardwars was originally installed, it worked fine for a few days and I was able to easily stream music - Spotify. Any ideas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 2

Related Articles