[Solution] Archer VR2100 Auto Reboot issue

78 Reply
Re:[Solution] Archer VR2100 Auto Reboot issue
2021-10-07 08:18:57

@JB7 DSL disconnects continue with mine too

Options
2021-10-08 12:17:40

@Kevin_Z my problem still continue, are there any new update for vr600 v3? Thanks.

Options
2021-10-11 11:32:45

@KorayC 

Hi, did you see my private message?

And could you please help me check the information requested?

Thank you.

Options
2021-11-07 13:11:03 - last edited 2021-11-07 13:12:05

@TP-Link is there any update on this issue. I'm probably going to send mine back to Amazon under their (and assuming your) warranty as this issue still isn't fixed. I wouldn't recommend others buy this modem/router until this issue is solved as it basically doesn't work properly, definitely not as a modem router.

Options
2021-11-11 09:19:05

@AllanB 

Hi, The official firmware for Archer VR2100 to fix the auto-reboot issue has been released already.

As for your case, actually, I am quite confused since the engineers told me the reboot issue on your modem had been fixed but you have noticed the modem started dropping internet.

I did not check all the email records since you have sent us many emails and also got contacted with a local representative, so some information might not be updated.

So I would suggest why don’t you give an update to our senior engineer or the local representative on the last email to see what can be done to finally settle this issue?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-11 11:10:03

@TP-Link  It appears that reboot is (in my case) replaced by DSL disconnects, and I believe I've mentioned that in previous posts.

I'm at a loss as to why you're confused. My posts are sequential and my recent post serves as my personal opinion on my current status, and on reading recently posted comments from others.

In my previous post I did not refer specifically to my reboot issue. The device (VR2100) still has unresolved issues and is not, in my opinion, robust enough to warrant my recommendation.

I believe that I mentioned that I have a BT HomeHub 2 which served as my modem router pre-purchase of the VR2100. That device is my modem as I can't rely for stability on the VR2100 operating in modem/router mode. Unfortunately the BT device can't act as a Mesh controller for your WPA8631 devices. I have 7 of your mesh devices purchased over recent few years in anticipation of that functionality. Hence my purchase of your VR2100.

Yesterday I reported to your UK team another WPA8631 to VR2100 meshing issue. I have also asked for an update on the state of the firmware of the VR2100, in the hope that new code may solve (all) my woes. I've yet to hear back, but happy to advise you on their feedback.

Before you ask, I did try the modem/router mode again yesterday and had a DSL dropout 2/3rds through a video call.

Options
2021-11-11 18:03:59

@TP-Link and....as if by magic, was just sittng at my PC this afternoon, modem still set to modem/router, and hey presto two reboots in quick succession. not dsl disconnects, Reboots. Will forward the 2 logs after boot to your UK colleagues.

Options
2021-11-27 22:26:51
Interesting that @AllanB has reported loss of internet connection. I updated with the latest beta to resolve the issues I’ve had ever since buying this router months ago. I’m now experiencing the router not rebooting, but dropping the internet connection. It won’t reconnect, shows a ppp error, but the DSL shows as still connected. A manual reboot fixes the lost internet issue, so whilst it isn’t auto-rebooting, a reboot is still needed to get connected again.
Options