Problems with deco m9 plus v1 and v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-07 13:22:16
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi!

We're having serious issues with our deco m9 plus mesh. We've been running a three units m9 v1 + one m5 mesh for a couple of years without problems. We recently decided to expand our network with 3 additional m9s as we had a few slow spots and also wanted to replace the m5.

The new units are v2.

The problems started after a couple of weeks with units dropping out of the network, sometimes just a few, sometimes all of them. We've tried updating, reconfiguring the whole network, connecting some of the nodes through ethernet. Nothing helps. The network is extremely unstable.

The last thing we've tried is to run only the v2 units and voila, the network's been stable for several days. But as soon as we tried connecting one of the v1 units to the mesh the network started crashing again.

So there seems to be some sort of compatibility issue. 
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems with deco m9 plus v1 and v2
2021-05-07 13:52:59 - last edited 2021-05-07 13:53:50

@stefanang 

You said you tried "firmware upgrades," but you didn't list firmware versions of V1 and V2 M9 Decos. You can check that in Deco app, or you can login to Main Deco and see what it reports there, which it does in more details. Here is an example from my Main Deco Web interface:

If your M9 units run on different versions of firmware, the first thing to do is make them consistent.

Also, if making Deco M9 firmware versions consistent didn't help, consider removing M5 from the Deco mesh: not just powering it off, removing it in Deco app. 

Options
2021-05-07 13:57:44

@Alexandre. 
Thanks for the reply!

I'll check the firmware version(s) when at the office.

We've reset the network and set it up from the beginning a few times so the m5 is no longer part of the mix.

Options
2021-05-08 03:39:44

@stefanang 

Hi, I can see under your TP-Link ID that both V1 and V2 are on firmware 1.5.1 now;

So are you still have the same issue?

If yes, could you please help me check some details:

1. Would any Deco turn red when the internet disconnected?

2. Could you please provide me a picture of your network topology?

Thank you.

Options