Unknown hidden SSID from my Archer VR600. How do I deactivate it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-19 01:45:34 - last edited 2021-05-19 02:39:17
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.66972n

Hi,

I bought a DSL Modem (Archer VR600) a month ago and when I run it, I see a hidden network appear on my devices even when I disable WiFi broadcast it shows as 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency.

I searched for this issue in your website, and I found that this network for OneMesh feature BUT there is no sense having this OneMesh signal BECAUSE it is very annoying for many reasons:

1. Wasting the Power.
  2. Overheating of the device and this makes the internet speed slow.
  3. Not good for a health because I am so close to where the device is.
  4. I use this device as a DSL Modem only, I have another router for WiFi distribution at home.

So please, add a button to the web interface to completely disable it once and forever!

It should be enabled by the user only if WiFi is also enabled and only for the specific enabled band.

Another issue, my internet connection gets very slow when I use this Modem (Archer VR600) but when I run my old D-Link DSL Modem, the Internet speed changes for the better. Note that my internet speed is 300 Mbps!

Please let me know if you are going to fix these issues.

Thanks,

Peter

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unknown hidden SSID from my Archer VR600. How do I deactivate it?
2021-05-20 07:44:54

@Peter1 

Hi, we have already planned to add OneMesh on/off button on the later firmware upgrade;

As for the speed issue, you might need to help me check for more details:

1.How much speed you could get from Archer VR600 now?

2.Since you mentioned now the Archer VR600 is working as a DSL modem only, have you changed the internet connection type to the bridge modem?

(Please go to web UI>advanced>network>internet>internet connection type>bridge)

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-20 15:41:56

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your reply.

1. The current speed is 56.7Mbps

2. No, I don't change anything in my internet settings

Options
2021-05-21 09:08:38

@Peter1 

Hi, Have you checked on the web UI of Archer VR600, what are the DSL upstream and downstream info?

---It is under the advanced>status>DSL info. (It would be highly appreciated that you could send me a picture of this page.)

What is internet connection type did you set up on the Archer VR600, or Did you set up the connection type on the wireless router?

As for the 56.7m/s, did you test the Ethernet speed from VR600, or from the wireless router?

Thank you.

Options