deco P9 and powerline adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-24 12:30:54 - last edited 2021-05-24 21:42:52
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I currently have a netgear nighthawk AC2600 and 4 tp-link av1300 powerline adaptors.

The powerline adaptors are used in remote places, (loft & garage) to connect raspberry pi's via ethernet, and one behind tv cabinet for TV, playstation, firecube etc.

I also have a philips hue and lightwaverf hub connected directly to the router.

I was looking at a mesh system and was recommended the Deco's but I wasn't sure if i could use the P9's that use the mains for backhaul and retain the existing powerline adaptors?

So it would be :

ISP ---> cable --> Router (in modem mode)--> cable --> Deco P9 --> mains/wifi --> additional Deco P9's

\ 

\ --> Cable --> AV1300 --> mains --> additional AV1300's

I can use the 2nd ethernet ports on the Deco P9's to plug the Philips Hue & Lightwave RF hubs in elsewhere.

does this look feasible? 

Many thanks,

SeanC

Options
1 Reply
Re:deco P9 and powerline adaptors
2021-05-25 02:29:51

@seanc 

Hi, the mentioned setup is ok:

ISP ---> cable --> Router (in modem mode)--> cable --> Deco P9 --> mains/wifi --> additional Deco P9's

\ 

\ --> Cable --> AV1300 --> mains --> additional AV1300's

And 'I can use the 2nd Ethernet ports on the Deco P9's to plug the Philips Hue & Lightwave RF hubs in elsewhere.', I guess the Deco you mentioned here is the satellite Deco unit?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 836

Replies: 1

Related Articles