Is there a new firmware for my adsl modem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-31 20:53:23 - last edited 2021-05-31 20:57:37
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 200226 RC.65147n

After installing the latest firmware available on the Argentina website ( Archer VR600(EU)_V2_200226 ) , I notice a lot of instability in the adsl speed,

also lost the connection forcing me to restart the modem, every time the speed started to drop and in the end I was left without connection.

That instability in the speed of the adsl connection and total loss of the connection, began after installing the latest firmware.

I was consulting here, maybe there is a newer firmware that is not yet published on the tplink website and that corrects those problems.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Is there a new firmware for my adsl modem?
2021-06-02 12:00:41

@zaffero 

Hi, Currently, there is no newer firmware available for upgrade;

May I know how long have you had the VR600 V2?

Would the DSL light and internet light turn off when the internet connection disconnected?

Can I have a picture of the status page and the system log when the modem lost connection?

By the way, May i Know who is your internet service provider?

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-02 12:42:26

@TP-Link 

Hello, I have the vr600 more than 1 year.

The dsl light does not turn off at any time, it only disconnects from the isp,
sometimes it reconnects automatically, other times it does not, and I have to restart the modem manually.

My internet provider is movistar Argentina, It is rare that problems with the dsl connection started after
I updated the firmware, so I would check first if there could be a firmware problem.

There is a possibility that it is a problem with my dsl line, only now it has become more evident,

At the moment I am communicating with the technical support of my isp, to carry out tests and see if the problem is the server or the dsl line,
what I think is the most likely thing that is happening now.

So if there is no other more modern firmware, I will wait for the response of my isp to fix the problems that my dsl line may have, thank you very much for the answer.

Due to the pandemic and here everyone is using the internet intensively, unfortunately I still do not have a fiber optic connection, and the dsl technology is not enough to cover the need for more speed, and these problems of disconnections and low speed happen more frequently.

Options
2021-06-03 05:35:55

@TP-Link  I would like to mention that Here in Egypt VR 600 v2 is still sold as a new device . It isn't our problem that Tplink Egypt still provide it in the market. So we need real support for all the problems in betas firmware. I bought mine a month ago for high price in Egypt . and I expected High performance but with all these problems ,  I guess I will stop buying tplink products. I'm really sorry But we really need a continued firmware support .

no effective parental control 

no stable adsl 

no stable wifi 

low range wifi 

lots of errors when i try to block a port 

no Bandwidth control in VR 600 and it is available in my old 841nd v8 ( I can't imagine it ) 

Options
2021-06-07 19:17:58

@zaffero Is there a way to go back to the previous firmware?

I keep experiencing problems that the isp server disconnects me for some reason, the following messages can be seen in the modem status:

Please reconfigure your parameters. If the problem still exists, please contact your ISP.

Please configure your DNS manually.

The dsl line was tested, however it continues to fail and everything started when updating the firmware.

That is why I wanted to go back to the previous firmware to see how the modem behaves, before changing it for the modem that my isp gives me, to test if the same failure occurs.

Before testing with the modem of my isp, I wanted to be sure that it is not a fault of the tplink modem, but if it continues to fail, I will have no choice but to return with my isp modem

or buy another brand of modem, with tplink I have had many failures that I could never solve.

File:
log.txtDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 4

Related Articles