Enable change router password after restore previous settings from a saved file

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-04 06:27:42
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI, I have a question and I can nt find any solution/answer about this problema that I have.

I have 3 routers TL-WR850 in my house (different location) and I have a unique setting file where I have all configuration for my network (configuration is the same for 3 routers). The routers, when it swicth on the first time or when you do a factory reset, It requieres a password change mandatory. So you have to change the root password.

When I restore my custom setting from a previous TL-WR850NV22XXXXXXX.bin file, the router has the previous root password that I had when I did the backup. I like to change the root password and the pwd is different for each router. So my question: Is it possible to enable the option to require a password change after performing a load backup without enter in system tools->Restore option via web menu? (I need a mandatory password change for security)

Thank you in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Enable change router password after restore previous settings from a saved file
2021-06-04 06:48:14

@FranDiaz 

No, your password is saved into the backup file. After every restore operation you have to change it (via Web interface) if you want to be different than the saved one.

If you want to have 3 different passwords for every device, you can make 3 different backup files with the new password for each one.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Enable change router password after restore previous settings from a saved file
2021-06-04 10:29:13

@terziyski Thank you for your answer. 

Regards,

Fran.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 2

Related Articles