Disable mesh-technology for client.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 18:26:11
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

Hi! If a understand this correct, by disable the mesh-technology for my sons PS4 I'm forcing it to stay connected on a specific node? And since the nodes only send out half the wifi speed without ethernet backhaul, if I connect the PS4 to the Main Deco and gave it high priority that should (at least in theory) give it max wifi-speed? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Disable mesh-technology for client.
2021-06-08 08:57:18 - last edited 2021-06-09 10:00:55

@ChrisAhlund 

Hi, After disabling the mesh devices, Deco would not initialize the roaming request to this device and the device itself could still initialize roaming request on its own;

In this way, there is a large possibility that PS4 would stay connected to the Deco;

For more details, please have a look at this link:https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/960 

With the high priority enabled, the network data sent from PS4 would be dealt with first by Deco and could improve its network performance, especially when there are more than one devices connected ;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Disable mesh-technology for client.
2021-06-08 14:19:56

@TP-Link  Thanks for the answer! :) So what you're saying is that disabling mesh for a device makes it harder for it to roam, but it can if the device wants to? Does it make any difference if I enable high priority for the Playstation AND toggle high priority for gaming in the QoS setting, or can I remove one of the two prioritys?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1600

Replies: 2

Related Articles