Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

32 Reply
Re:Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco
2024-02-27 01:10:57

@Jan_P maybe your guest network is only set to 2.4ghz range and your device doesnt move between 2.4/5ghz which could be whats causing the issues. 

Options
2024-03-24 20:23:13 - last edited 2024-03-24 20:24:06

@TP-Link 

I'm getting this issue using an x55 setup (wifi turned off on NowTV router and main deco connected directly to that).

I have my office deco hard wired to my main deco and that hard wired to the router.

I have a third deco that is not wired.

I first noticed the issue with my gaming sessions lagging on my Xbox Series S. Upon hard wiring my xbox directly to my NowTV router, the problem went away.

I'm now realising this is also the reason my macbook has been lagging/cutting out on teams/discord/zoom. My laptop is on a wired connection to my office deco.

I work remotely and also (frustatingly) work in the video conferencing industry. I can't believe i've paid £180 for a setup (along with all the ethernet cables i'd purchased) for something that does not work.

I've tried all the recommended fixes to no avail.

Any suggestions? I am at a loss. I don't want to have to wire directly to my NowTV router for anything using WebRTC/video apps.

Thanks

Options
2024-03-25 09:27:08

Hi @sphynxcats ,

If you can still return it, i guess it would be your smartest move... I tried all different possible configuration and nothing worked...

I'm totally disappointed with TPLink for not solving a problem with more than 3 years, and mainly with the fact that they keep selling products that are defective and they know it.

Kind regards

Options
2024-03-25 10:15:34

@Tiago_Rodrigues 

Sadly, i'm now out of the return window - although i did have some minor success last night.

Switching to Access Point mode seems to fix the issue. Kind of defeats the point of buying a mesh system, but it'll have to do for now as it was impacting my job.

Based on what others have said, i reckon it could potentially be something to do with QoS (that's turned off when you go to access point mode).

Cheers

Options
2024-03-25 21:43:40 - last edited 2024-03-25 21:45:56

@sphynxcats : for me, it was to do with QoS. You need to put the bandwidth as a setting. I put 50Mb/s. My connection was a lot higher (about 300 Mb/s), but the QoS then limited traffic to 50 Mb/s (very unexpected- I saw it as a minimum setting rather than an enforced maximum). To fix it, I switched it off.

Microsoft Teams seems to need a lot more than the portion of 50Mb/s that I was getting. So whilst the QoS was on and limiting the bandwidth, it did not get enough bandwidth to operate.

To finalise things, I did a factory reset.

The other problem I had was that my modem did DHCP too. This in itself is not a problem, but the internet provider set default DHCP to 1 day (and it gets reset every over the air upgrade). This meant that my modem requested a new IP and that confused the TP deco unit which was connected by cable to it. Once I had set that on the internet provider modem to 65535 (days), the only problems I get now are when the internet provider does an OTA upgrade of their modem which resets the DHCP lease back to 1 (day).

Hope that helps.

Options
2024-05-01 05:00:46

@TP-Link I'm experiencing this issue when trying to use video call on both Teams and Zoom.  I have followed the advice from your staff as well as OPs but the issue persists.  What are you doing to fix this issue?  Looking at the comments, this seems to have been a known issue for at least 3/4 years.

If you had a similar issue with other models, please comment below with:

1. The model number and firmware version of your Deco product. 

I have two Deco M9 Plus (ver 2.0) Firmware - 1.6.3

2.  The model number and wireless adapter of the mobile device that had issues with the Online Meeting.

I'm using a Dell laptop

Options
2024-05-01 15:32:05

@Frustrated987 , you will save a lot of time and aggravation if you scrap your TP setup and go with an Eero system.  I have this system now and it's a night and day difference.  Plus, they respond when they're are presented with questions....unlike TP Link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091G64GVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Options
2024-05-06 09:06:46

@vinny.fernandez I don't think Eero's are available where I live, based on their website, so I'm not sure I'd get the support if needed.  Looked at Orbi's but those are quite pricey, especially considering what i already paid for the Deco's. 

Would be nice if they can respond with an actual fix...

Options
2024-07-02 08:41:32 - last edited 2024-07-02 08:41:58

@TP-Link Just finished a re-build of my house and have gone live with a Deco X50 POE (x3) in the house coupled with an out door WAP and TP-Link switch. I am having this exact same issue on my Teams & Webex calls.

This is a major problem, hoping this can be recitifed otherwise I will be forced to demand a total reimbursement and will have to replace with a competitor's solution.

Options
2024-07-02 08:57:58 - last edited 2024-07-02 08:58:42

@TP-Link 

For anyone else seeing this just an update from my side. Switiching the mesh system into router mode did help prevent this issue on my x55 decos. Although i lost all benefit of the mesh functionality.

I recently switched from 60 Mbps fibre-to-the-cabinet NOWTV broadband, during that time I was not using PPPoE as it was proving difficult with a sky owned broadband provider. As a result of this I had to daisy chain my decos into the NOWTV router.

I'm now on PPPoE BT fibre-to-the-property 900Mbps and thought i'd give the old configuration a go. I have had zero issues using the mesh system since switching.

Options