Vlan active according to service provider while IPTV isn't enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-19 14:30:13
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20180810

Hey everyone,

Since this morning my internet stopped working. I've tried rebooting both the glass fiber modem and the archer c2300, however this didn't work. So after looking in the settings of the router and concluding nothing was different from last time I checked them, i contacted my ISP, which told me they saw VLan was active and that they don't support VLan. I'm not that experienced with networking, so after hanging up, I used this guide to find the way to disable VLan: https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/1538/ (except that vlan needed to be disabled, so I disabled the setting). After this, nothing changed regarding my internet connection, so I caled my ISP again asking what was wrong. There they told me that they still saw a vlan connection, and they were adamant this problem is caused by my router having some kind of vlan being on. I've tried hard resetting the archer c2300 to see if this would help, but unfortunately it didn't. Does anyone have an idea how I could fix this?

Kind regards,

Tibarn0wned

Options
1 Reply
Re:Vlan active according to service provider while IPTV isn't enabled
2021-06-21 23:45:38

@Tibarn0wned 

The VLAN setting in question is here:

When Enable IPTV is unchecked there shouldn't be any VLAN configured on your C2300.

Check with your ISP if the Internet connection of your C2300 is correct wheather it is Dynamic IP, PPPoE, etc.

If nothing has been changed on C2300 configuration then maybe the ISP has changed something on their side.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 275

Replies: 1

Related Articles