Firmware request for RE200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-22 20:05:25 - last edited 2021-06-23 06:12:48
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi I recently bought a RE200 to use OneMesh system with my Archer C6. The performance is fantastic. 

The problem is that it gets super hot after 5-10 minutes of use. I took it to TP-Link service center and they got me a replacement today. 

Even the new one I got today (which came in a sealed packet) has the same problem. I have tried turning down wifi coverage to low, stopped dhcp and also turned off led. But the problem still persists.

What should I do? Can someone from the team please look into OneMesh connection between Archer C6 v3.2 and RE200? Maybe a software update could fix the problem. I dont care much about the coverage, just need it to cool down. 

I used Xiaomi and D-Link repeaters on the same spot before and they ever hardly got warm even when they were kept on 24/7. 

Please provide us with a firmware update.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Firmware request for RE200
2021-06-25 03:19:44

@Aaksz  Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback, normally hot or overheating is not related to device firmware, please check my reply on your original post here

Options
2021-06-25 06:36:04
Thank you for the reply. I did get in touch with TP-Link support and they told me that heating issues do exist with the product but it should not be a concern as they confirmed it with R&D lab about its safety. I tried different points for the repeater throughout my home but it still gets hot. I was also told that they are looking into possible solutions through firmware update and we might get it soon. I am happy at this point and my concerns about its safety has been reduced by the engineer's email I got.
Options
2021-06-25 08:29:23 - last edited 2021-06-25 08:38:43

@Solla-topee 

I measured the repeater temperature using digital infrared thermometer.

I varied from 41-45° C across the device at low coverage mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 526

Replies: 3

Related Articles