Cannot connect to Archer AX73 network after enabling Access Control Whitelist

2021-06-23 08:19:37 - last edited 2023-10-12 09:54:39
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Updated on 1/11/2022:

The issue discussed in this thread can be resolved by updating the Archer AX73 firmware to the latest official firmware now. If anyone experiences a similar issue, be sure your Archer AX73 is running the latest 211119 version or later versions.

We always encourage our customers to upgrade and keep their TP-Link device firmware up-to-date.

Guidance to install this firmware manually:

How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers (New Logo)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Article Applies to:

Archer AX73_V1

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Customers may encounter a wireless connection issue after restarting the AX73 router once enabling the Access Control Whitelist on it.

This might be reproduced as follows:

1. Connect all the client devices to the AX73 network;

2. Login to the router web GUI, go to Advanced > Security > Access Control and toggle on to enable Access Control, then select Whitelist and add the devices that you want to allow the connection, save and restart the router.

3. You will find the wireless devices are unable to connect to the network anymore

If the issue still exists after installing the latest official firmware on the Archer AX73, please contact the tech support engineers via email with the following information:

1. Are the devices connecting to the network fine if the Access Control on the router is disabled?

2. How about the devices that connect to the router via cable, are they still able to access the internet?

3. Do you enable any reboot schedule on the router? Or do you often restart the router?

Options
8 Reply
Re:[Solution] Cannot connect to Archer AX73 network after enabling Access Control Whitelist
2021-06-25 15:15:51

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you so much Kevin. I have updated the US firmware and rebooted twice to check the issue and it's gone. by the way do you know when the beta firmware will be updated to prod firmware? any idea? I'm asking because of security reason. is it secure enough to continue or reload the original firmware till this version gets finalized and tested.

Thanks again. Have a nice weekend ahead!

Arind 

Options
Re:[Solution] Cannot connect to Archer AX73 network after enabling Access Control Whitelist
2021-06-28 02:27:21

@Arind 

There will be new official firmware for both devices in the future, while we cannot provide you an ETA now, we hope you could understand and pay attention to the official release on the website or on the Tether app. Thank you.

Options
2021-07-21 09:24:29

@Kevin_Z 

I have a question, for old way TP-Link router, like TP-LINK AC 1200, A7.. Hong Kong version will use EU version's firmware, but I find the new AX73, The official website is provide US version, so my Hong Kong's AX 73 need to upgrade US version too? thank you so much

Options
2021-07-22 01:07:32

@ic3b34r 

Hi, you could verify the region version by the router device label first before performing the upgrade. The sticker is like the following, just besides the model number, it may show you Archer AX73(EU) or Archer AX73(US):

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/

If the region version of your router is labeled US, then you can upgrade the firmware published for the US version.

Options
2021-07-22 04:15:50

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you, I ust confirm my router is using US version.

Also I want to report about the new beta firmware is fixed my wifi problem.

The old one make me crazy, it always disconnected without reason(iPhone 12 Pro max, 11 Pro max....) , also sometimes it tell me the password is wrong, even I just software to auto enter password...

But this beta, it fixed that problem, thank you so much.

Options
2021-07-22 06:09:56

@ic3b34r 

That's great to know that. 

Just to confirm, was the issue similar with Carson60025 reported below? How about the security settings on the AX73 previous firmware, and what is it now?

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/215208

Options
2021-08-11 08:19:06

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I have same problem before, but after update the beta firmware, I never got same problem again.

Options
2021-09-22 13:32:59

@Kevin_Z I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3687

Replies: 8