Archer C6 disconnects frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 07:57:02
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer C6(US)_V2_210226

I bought an Archer C6 V2 (US) some months ago. Initially it was working fine. But the problem started a couple of days ago. While I was browsing the internet and the sites seemed to get disconnected frequently and the browser showed the error "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET". After 2-3 minutes it would get back online automatically. The problem would again occur after 5-6 minutes, this went on repeatedly. This was happening both on my Desktop (LAN port connection) and Phone (Wifi connection).

Initially I blamed my ISP for this. But after putting the LAN cable from my computer directly to the ISP's fiber optic box everything worked fine. Then I thought the LAN cable between the fiber optic box and router was faulty so I replaced that with another one. But still the same problem persisted. Finally I removed the Archer C6 router and replaced it with my old router from another brand. And everything again worked perfectly both on my phone and desktop. I tried restoring the TP Link router back to factory settings and setting up the connection again but it was of no use. I think there is an issue with the blue internet port.

I will try to claim warranty but very disappointed with TP Link because of the poor product quality.

Options