Randomly DSL Disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 09:43:03 - last edited 2022-02-19 18:20:17
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 160118 Rel.13081

Hello

My device is TD-W8151N and it's working for 7 years or more.

‌Before getting to the point, a while back my modem adaptor got broken. After about two weeks I replaced it with a 9v 0.8A TP-Link adaptor which the original one was 9v 0.6A. some weeks passed and I noticed modem disconnection (The DSL light goes off and consequently the Internet light. A few seconds later light gets back and modem tries to connect the Internet which is successful). Sometimes when it doesn't disconnect, the ADSL speed plunges.

I tried different settings and no luck, although I think I get a more stable connection with changing ADSL Mode from "auto-sync up" to "ADSL2+" in advanced setup.

So I want to make sure If there is any possibility that my modem is not functional anymore or my cabling has no more capacity before trying to contact ISP.

Thank you.

Appendices: 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Randomly DSL Disconnection-Solution
2022-02-19 18:20:02 - last edited 2022-02-19 18:20:17

@soha1410 

Hi Soha. 

Happy to help you here.

Actually, the problem or better say my problem was ISP's flaw. Some sort of problem with the port. They replaced after about a month following up.
Here's how you can figure this out. You should monitor your SNR and if your SNR oscillates so much you should contact ISP whenever your SNR is low to inform them of the situation.
For me, SNR was about 20 and 21, and at different times it plunges to 8 and 5. The modem was all right after all these years and it's low probably your modem has a problem, although the noise is a concern with different model and has some effects.
Notice before this procedure you should make sure your wires have no problem too. (critical step)
I would be delighted if you have other questions but I'm won't be available for a while...

So... Good Luck

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Randomly DSL Disconnection
2021-07-17 20:52:18

@Pedram I contact the ISP and they said there is no problem with your line. I tried connecting the modem to main ISP cable, same issue!

Do you think I should consider replacing the modem with a new one?

Options
Re:Randomly DSL Disconnection
2022-02-18 21:51:56

@Pedram 

hi Pedram , do you change the modem or fix the problem, 

I have the same issue, my isp is tci and they say everything is good. what should I do? changing modem ? which model and brand do you test and work for you? thankyou.

Options
Re:Randomly DSL Disconnection-Solution
2022-02-19 18:20:02 - last edited 2022-02-19 18:20:17

@soha1410 

Hi Soha. 

Happy to help you here.

Actually, the problem or better say my problem was ISP's flaw. Some sort of problem with the port. They replaced after about a month following up.
Here's how you can figure this out. You should monitor your SNR and if your SNR oscillates so much you should contact ISP whenever your SNR is low to inform them of the situation.
For me, SNR was about 20 and 21, and at different times it plunges to 8 and 5. The modem was all right after all these years and it's low probably your modem has a problem, although the noise is a concern with different model and has some effects.
Notice before this procedure you should make sure your wires have no problem too. (critical step)
I would be delighted if you have other questions but I'm won't be available for a while...

So... Good Luck

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 3

Related Articles