What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

What if TP-Link Router Disconnects from Internet?

72 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet
2021-09-22 02:01:59

@Serious_joker09 

Hi, you are saying the connection type provided by BSNL fiber is PPPoE, while you choose Static IP on the WR820N WAN, why is this? Can you please confirm again with BSNL fiber that what is the correct WAN connection type you need to use when connecting a router to the line?

Most importantly, you need to confirm and ensure you have a stable internet connection by connecting a PC directly to the BSNL fiber modem or line, test and monitor the internet for at least one day or two, or you need to monitor it for the same time period when the WR820N gets disconnect and reconnect. Because the connection between the WR820N and the BSNL modem is not stable as per the system log you provided. 

You can also change a new cat 5e/6 cable between the BSNL modem and the WR820N, then monitor.

Serious_joker09 wrote

@Kevin_Z UPDATE 

that connection drop just happened. And it shows Dhcp lease host name not found in log

Options
2021-09-22 08:23:33

@Kevin_Z It's PPPoPe on the syrotech ONU modem. That modem only has 1 GE port which is then connected to Router's WAN port with Ethernet cable. And then Static IP is used on router. I have already tried connecting my laptop directly to that ONU modem and it works, also i have tried different ethernet cables. (Cat6 and Cat5e) 

Options
2021-09-23 02:07:28

@Serious_joker09 

I see. What's the reason that you choose Static IP on the WR820N WAN? What if you choose Dynamic IP, will it receive a correct IP address from the ONU modem?

If there is no requirement to set the WR820N as a wireless router in the network, you can try to configure it to be an access point as follows, then confirm if the connection will be stable:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/

Options
2021-09-23 07:44:09

@Kevin_Z The BSNL installation guy asked us to configure it as static rather than dynamic. 

Options
2021-09-28 06:24:36

@Serious_joker09 

This will be followed up and analyzed by the support engineers, please check the email and confirm, thanks.

Options
2021-10-21 21:45:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I come back on this topic, you can see my comment in page #1. I get constant drops because of DOS protection and this is the result of Windows 10 or deployed services running when computer/laptop resumes connectivity once in a while. Maybe it's the antivirus, maybe corporate VPN, maybe Windows update service, etc but for sure it's too sensitive at Low settings (UDP).

I have to constantly login to the router management page and remove the "rougue" from the Security list of blocked devices.

What do you suggest?

Options
2021-11-01 07:09:59
Definitely related to Windows 10 Update service; once I've triggered a manual patch download my computer got blocked and black-listed due to UDP flood attack
Options
2021-11-24 12:08:32

@routersolute 

Hello, is the router model Archer AX10? What is the hardware version and firmware version? Who is your ISP? Please check the basic troubleshooting suggestions we provide in the original post if you are experiencing an internet disconnection issue with the router.

If the issue persists after checking all the suggestions and modifications, please provide the information we required, we will see how to proceed. 

Options
2021-12-12 21:41:06

@Kevin_Z 

ISP: Midco

Modem: CODA-45

Router: Archer AX-90, latest firmware currently installed (1.1.5 Build 20210903)

Randomly lose internet connection throughout the day for a few minutes before it returns to normal, router turns red when this occurs. I have tried to use the forum above to troubleshoot and I still run into random disconnects. Please let me know of any solutions.

Thank you.

Options
2021-12-13 01:52:08

@Schmidty24 

Hello, have you tested the internet connectivity and stability by connecting a computer directly to the CODA-45 modem directly? Is it stable without any drop?

If that is the case, please send us the whole system log on the AX90, please include that before and after the disconnect occurs, we will soon confirm. 

Options