Not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Not working properly
Not working properly
2021-07-27 08:58:10
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

The range extender keeps getting disconnected and also sometimes dose not even gets connected. Sometimes it shows no internet even though if the internet is perfectly working. If everything is ok than too it does not provide good speed and gives lot of problems.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not working properly
2021-07-28 07:06:44

@Harshita Hello, 

May I know the model of your RE and please confirm its firmware is up to date. 

May I know the model of your router and how about the Wi-Fi LED on RE when issue occurs? 

> Try to turn off Advanced WiFi settings router like : Band Steering or Smart Connect; WiFi optimizing etc.

> If the WiFi Led(s) goes off when issue occurs, please locate RE closer to router and change a different WiFi channel of 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz on router and see if that helps with the issue.

> If RE LEDs look normal when issue happen, please log in to Range extender's web page , turn on RE's DHCP and set up a static IP address for RE as FAQ below and see if that help with unstable issue:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2965/

Also make sure you have a stable Wi-Fi connection from the main router at RE's location.

If the issue persist, may I know does the issue particularly happens on RE's 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and how about your network topology, thank you.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1

Related Articles