Ridiculously poor signal M5 DECO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 17:07:08
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.9.4

I received my set of 3 M5's few days ago. Setup was easy and soon we finally had proper WIFI in the whole house. Simply brilliant!

Today however, suddenly the system did not work anymore. Initially tried disconnecting and reconnecting power of the main unit. Then it seemed to work again. But when I walked a few steps away, my phone lost connection. Other two units also could not connect to main unit.

Then I decided to uninstall the network entirely. After re-installing only the main unit, standing literally right next to it, signal on my phone only showed one bar. Verified with tablet, same poor signal. 

I've noticed there are quite a few simmilar M5 related posts on this forum and via Google, but no clear solution.

Anyone knows how to get the signal back to normal strength (and keep it that way)?

Could this be a hardware or firmware issue, considering the number of similar reports?

I Initially really loved this set, but if there is no permanent fix, I sadly rather return it to the store.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ridiculously poor signal M5 DECO
2021-08-11 02:14:45

@DBroek 

Hi, here are some suggestions:

1. use a different Deco as the main Deco in case the specific hardware might have some issue;

--if still the same, please help me check the following details:

1. add one satellite Deco back to the Deco APP.

2. put it next to the main Deco.

3. check the signal source strength on the satellite Deco and send a picture to me. (Click the ‘middle internet global’ >click the satellite Deco >settings of this Deco )

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 1

Related Articles