WiFi (SSID) has disappeared

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-11 06:05:15
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 160906 Rel.51894n

My wifi has gone. No device I have displays the SSID. WiFi light is on, it is configured correctly... but the SSID simply does not display.

I used to be able to do a hardware reset and reconfigure everything to get the WiFi back. Now, not even the harware reset works. The WiFi is completely gone. I've done everything I can think of; changed WiFi name, changed password and security, changed channel, changed encryption... nothing works. 

The Wifi sometimes, but not always, briefly reappears with its default name after a hardware reset.

This is something that has only just started happening, I've had the MR6400 for maybe 4 few years now.

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi (SSID) has disappeared
2021-08-11 07:17:22

@mr6400_user 

Hi, In this way, I suppose the Wi-Fi module was defective on the modem and it needs to be replaced.

Options
2021-08-11 15:35:20

@TP-Link 

Can the Wifi module be replaced? Is it something I can do myself or do I have to send it for repair?

Options
2021-08-12 09:52:41

@mr6400_user 

Sending it for repair sounds like a good choice if there is such a service center available in your area.

As for replacing the module, I am afraid that there is no further instruction could be provided.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 677

Replies: 3

Related Articles