Archer AX50 is not able to rebuild internet connection after cable modem had an outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 is not able to rebuild internet connection after cable modem had an outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 is not able to rebuild internet connection after cable modem had an outage
2021-08-19 11:17:34 - last edited 2021-08-19 11:49:30

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for responding. 

It seems you also came to the same conclusion like me. I have already contacted Vodafone support and they asked me to write an email, detailing tge whole problem and our analysis. They promised to respond and let me know what cam be done. (Although rhe support person hinted that in his opinion there id no problem.) Well, I am curious what their official response will be. 

I referred this thread to them as a source material and possible solution for the problem. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Tamas71 

Thank you very much for your detailed description and finding. As per your finding, it seems the Archer AX50/C5 can get a response from the Vodafone modem, as you can see the router can get an IP address. But the Vodafone modem assigns just an IP address but not a gateway, which results in no internet status on the router. In this case, the router will stop sending the request to the Vodafone modem again as it already gets an IP address from it.

I think you will need to contact Vodafone to report this issue again. You can also test the internet connection with another router if possible.

Options
Re:Archer AX50 is not able to rebuild internet connection after cable modem had an outage
2021-08-20 01:57:44

@Tamas71 

Please let us know if the issue is addressed or resolved, thank you.

Options
Related Articles