Two separate networks over two set ofpowerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-13 10:02:48

Hi all

I have a room which i want to have to connect its TV with Internet and IPTV via powerline... 

I already managed to get the IPTV over powerline there, i was wondering if i can have another set of powerline to get the Internet connection there, is it possible to have two set of powerlines over same circuit one for internet and other for iptv? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Two separate networks over two set ofpowerline
2021-08-13 13:16:56

@Torpido You can just run both things over one and the same powerline connection. A simple kit, e.g. with an 8010P on the router side and an 8030P in that room, will do.

Options
2021-08-14 08:27:24

thanks for reply...

issue is my IPTV connection comes from Modem not the router and the internet from the router, hence two network datas 

Options
2021-08-16 07:30:14 - last edited 2021-08-16 07:31:08

@Torpido  Hello, 

May I know do you use a modem or modem router, may I know your detailed network topology? 

It is possible to use 2 sets of powerline units and pair them separately. (2 powerline network, one from modem, one from router)

When pair the second pair of powerline units, please unplug the first KIT and use pair button to manually pair the second KIT. 

As normally a new KIT use the same powerline Key so they could plug and play, manually pairing the second KIT is to avoid second KIT pairing with the first KIT.

Options
2021-08-16 09:50:22 - last edited 2021-08-16 09:51:36

The difficulty here is these two pairs will unknowingly and permanently fight for the frequency spectrum on the power wires. Other vendors used to have detail configuration tools that let you pick separate "channels" for this purpose.

I'd attack from a different angle: Can the provider box not feed the IPTV traffic through the router? The situation you describe is exceptionally stupid. Which provider does that?

Alternatively, maybe your router can handle two separate network spaces through one set of physical infrastructure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 4